Warmoth Gecko bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bgartist, Feb 17, 2006.

1. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Anyone know how good are those angled Kahler bridges that they recommend for the Gecko basses? I saw a nice body in the showcase that was already routed for that bridge. If I had my choice I would get a Hipshot bridge.
  2. steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    yeah i have a gecko.. i dont really fancy the kahler as its a pain in the ass to set up. you have to unlock the 2 allen screws to shift the saddle back and forth to the desired location (bear in mind you have to lock it to tune up to check intonation). also to raise the height of the saddle you have to physically rotate the saddle piece with your fingers to raise/lower the height of hte bridge)....which then would require you to fine tune the forward/backward adjustments of the saddle.

however, the good thing about this bridge is that you may adjust the string spacing and lock the adjustments permanently.

basically its a bridge that requires patience to work with but once you're set on your string gauge and desired set up, the bridge can be locked in place so theres no slipping or unintended adjustments of the saddles when you change strings.