Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth---- Ya i Drool!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flea claypool, Oct 17, 2004.

1. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    K for a long time now i have been thinking of putting together a warmoth although it will be expensive[i live in Ireland Taxes]
    i think in the end i will be getting more for my money so i have a few questions for those that use warmoth

1. individual parts such as necks and bodies are they of good quaility?
    2. i would like to make a Jazz4 with Swamp ash body with a zebra wood top.. and a Birdseye maple board and neck with 21 frets.... i want it mainly to be a bit of a slap bass for recording... is this a good combo?
    3. BUT..... i also want it to be usefull for finger picking so what kinda pickups should i get? i was thinking a 2band eq or should i go the whole way?
    4. [The stupid question] Im guessing a warmoth neck will fit a warmoth body :eyebrow:

thanks AURIN

2. pdusen

pdusen

Aug 18, 2004
    4. They absolutely will not! Warmoth Necks are made to fit Fender bodies, and Warmoth bodies are made to fit Gibson necks. You need to have both the neck and body specially re-routed by a local luthier in order for them. to be compatible. :)

Just kidding, of course.

3. Yes, I think it would be a great conflict of interest if their own parts were not compatible.

:bassist: