Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

warped neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by quatre03, Jan 30, 2005.

1. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    ok i have this dean edge q4, its my first bass i gor from 2 years ago, and its always buzzed from the 5-9th frets and i fixed it a while back by just raising the action. But the action on my other basses are really nice an low. so i lowered the action all the way down on my dean and it buzzed of course but i new it had to go lower , so i shimmed the neck, and raised the action back up to clear the neck. now the action is perfect, but it still buzzes on those 4 frets for all 4 strings, and its fine every where else. i've tightened the truss rod a few days ago and I still seen the warp in the 6th and 9th fret area. I dont want to take it in and get it setup because i have 60$ in the bank for the next 2 weeks.... :D so i need a solution :help:

2. if the neck is truely warped only an experienced luthier can help you. but it sounds like you need a good fretleveling...