Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warrior basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Starbucker, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    I just got back from a guitar store in Chesterfield, Missouri, and was introduced to a Warrior bass. The bass guy at the store is apparently a Warrior artist and he helped design the bass. All I have to say is that it's one of the best basses I have ever laid my hands on. If I had 2 g's sitting around, I'd buy that bass in a heartbeat.

Have any of you guys heard of this brand before?

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Do a search...you'll find a widely diverse 'view' of Warriors here...its a TB love/hate thang.

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    yeah the 'search' function is real handy in these instances... and oh yeah I have a Warrior.

4. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    Got Three Warriors, Great Basses

5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
  6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Heh.. I remember that movie..

I played one up in Chattanooga this past weekend.. Not sure what model it was but it had a single MM style Bartolini pup..

Nice bass!! Price used seemed extremely reasonable. Had I the money I might have snagged it.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    a thread devoted to something other than Fender basses, how unique. IIRC Warriors are built somewhere near Atlanta and they have a Warrior gallery in Atlanta. Very very nice basses

8. Rossville, GA, a suburb of Chattanooga. The ATL Warrior gallery is no longer, IIRC.

9. Not trying very hard anymore since I don't really need the money anymore. You want it?

I still want to get a 9-string Hanewinckel but I've been procrastinating on the design. I think I'll just let Pete design it. :)

- Dave

10. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Well, I can neither afford it or adequatly play it, so while I WANT it, I see no possibility of getting it. I'va always had a soft spot for Warrior since it was one of the first exotic maker I became aware of.

11. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    what was the Warrior Gallery is now the Atlanta Bass Gallery, that is the place that we went to while you and your wife were in town.

12. Ahh! I see....Jim wasn't a part of the Atlanta Gallery, was he?

13. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    No Ty was running the WGG, the ABG is a completely different company. Jim is the owner of the ABG.

14. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I've read the "negative" posts about these where everyone loves the beauty and appreciates the craftsmanship, but some feel these basses lack mojo as a playing instrument.

Well, I played one of their "J/MM" (J by the bridge, which is opposite what I'm used to) basses at NAMM a couple days ago.

Wow. That thing was TASTY!!!! The J really needed to have bass added when solo'd, but other than that, it was absolutely killer.

15. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    I really like my warrior (Adam Nitti sig), great bass. I like their single cut as well. Ive seen a few older warriors with strange problems that Ive never seen before on a bass. I think they had a bit of QC problem a couple years ago but they seem to have fixed it.

Great basses.

16. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I have two Warriors and am trying to trade off some other things to get some more....

17. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
  18. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN