Warwick 2 pc bridge question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Matthew_84, Jun 1, 2012.

1. So a couple of weeks ago I got a brand new Warwick Rockbass Streamer LX. My new strings finally arrived, so I put them on, adjusted the truss rod a couple of times and last night I finally completed setting up the bass to my specs.

I've never seen a bridge like this though and am quite confused with what happened. I'm used to adjusting the string height, by loosening/tightening the two screws on top of the saddles, but as I did this with the Warwick, the saddles actually rocked onto an angle (and for those who don't know these bridges first hand, it's not a simple thing of the two screws being offset from each other). This lowered them to where I wanted, but it also moved the string spacing a tad. Am I doing this wrong? Is there some other way to lower the saddles? There is a set screw on one side of the saddles (on the pickup side) but I didn't bother adjusting these - I figured it was to adjust the saddle laterally, but am not sure.

Thanks,

Matthew

2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Hopefully this video will make it clear. Please let me know if you've got any other questions. Thanks!

3. Oh wow, I didn't realize it worked like that, LOL. Well I'll take another crack at it tomorrow. Thanks a lot!

4. Huh. I always wondered what the use of that feature was. I guess I should set mine up the right way now and see if it plays any better.

5. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Yes! The 3D bridge is completely adjustable in SO many ways...really a fantastic piece of equipment that is worth learning to use. Again, hope the videos help...and let me knowif you've got any questions. Thanks!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021