1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BassFace01, Mar 9, 2010.

1. BassFace01

BassFace01

Sep 28, 2009
    St. Catharines
    Hey.

I have a Warwick Taranis 4 string. I put on some blue steels today and the action is wayy outta whack. The last three strings buzz on the first fret, it's touching.

The damn warwick bridge is seriously starting to piss me off. It's SUCH a hassle to adjust **** on there. How am I supposed to adjust the height of each saddle individually? I read the manual but it didn't help...

Can anyone help me. I'm so frustrated. Definitely user error but please, feedback!!

2. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    To adjust the saddle height you need to loosen the small hex screw on the front of the saddle. This screw locks the saddle height in place so it can't move. Without loosening this screw the saddles will not move.

3. If you changed string brands or gauges, you might want to check if the truss rod needs to be adjusted to balance the new strings. And check the position of the adjustable nut and then move on to the bridge and the saddles. The whole bridge can be raised and lowered, each side independently, as well as the saddles. There are locking screws in place that have to be loosened first, otherwise the bridge and saddles won't move.

The setup guides that are stickied at the top of this forum are useful resources, as is the bridge section of the Warwick manual.

4. PZapdos

PZapdos

Jan 23, 2010
    New Hampshire
    each saddle has three screws, one to hold it in place, the other two to change the height.

Unscrew the one "facing" the neck, and the adjust the two top screws to change the height, when you get to the height you want, screw the one towards the neck back in, and it will hold it in tight. i could adjust all the strings on my bridge from lowest to highest possible in about 10 minutes, after doing it a few times.

5. Warfender

Warfender

Oct 25, 2009
    Don't even mess with the saddles and just raise the floating bridge on that side with its own adjuster that is what the floating bridge is for to do quick adjustment of several or all strings.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020