Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Corvette 4 Standard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sixmax, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Sixmax

Sixmax

Dec 5, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Hey...

What kind of music do you guys think a Warwick Corvette 4 standard should be used for??

Sixmax

2. DerekP

DerekP

Jul 24, 2005
    Toronto, On
    anything you want to use it for? don't limit your basses to certian types of music, obviously some work a little better than others but using a bass that isnt "for" a certian style of music is what could potentially make your tone cool and unique, but that being said i owned the corvette 4 active and its a pretty versitile bass and i loved it, i just traded it in for a 5 string thumb which i love more.

3. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    It's a nice bass for the money, plays good, sounds good. I don't think it's pigeonholed for any type of music. Good all round sound.

4. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I think it should be used in a Fusion/Yodeling situation. :eek:

Yeah, I know what you are thinking..."should I drop tune..." :confused:

5. Sixmax

Sixmax

Dec 5, 2005
    Copenhagen
    On my Corvette i play the jazz and funk/fusion, but I can't get a nice rock-sound out of it. I have a SWR Workingman 15" combo and uses DR. Should that influence the sound in a jazz and funk/fusion way, and away from rock??

6. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I have a Corvette Standard that I string with SIT Silencers and play fingerstyle either through an Ashdown MAGC210 combo or an SWR Workingman's 12. I keep the preamp bypassed. And I can get tones for every genre of music from rock to jazz to funk. I can't get a super deep reggae tone but it's serviceable. In short, I think Corvette Standards can do anything.

If you want a more razor edged modern rock/metal sound, then try a GK amp. I keep a GK Backline amp at my parents' house and I think my Warwick through it lacks warmth, but for a razor edged rock tone, it works.