1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD WARWICK CORVETTE w/ HSC (NEW LOWER PRICE)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rollin$tone, Mar 26, 2017.

1. rollin$tone

rollin$tone Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Price:
    $600
    Strings:
    (NEW PRICE) A WARWICK CORVETTE, 4 string, Bubinga body, ovangal neck, Wenge fretboard with Bell Brass Frets, in Excellent Condition. Plays beautifully!!! Awesome tones from the passive pickup system. Extremely versatile sound! Can cut through the mix easily. Neck is extremely smooth with no dings. Body is incredible with no buckle rash. Came with a Shaeller Drop D tuner, which I replaced with an original Warwick stock tuner. ( Drop D tuner will be included). Comes with a nice Hard shell case, including trussrod wrench. Set up and intonation is great! Unsure of weight and year produced. Wanting to trade for a Fender Precision Bass. Prefer Sunburst model with rosewood fretboard, but willing to consider other colors. Willing to put up extra cash for the right bass. Willing to split shipping costs, CONUS only.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Khronic likes this.
  2. Jayneck Peabody

Jayneck Peabody Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
  3. rollin$tone

Jul 9, 2009
    That's one sweet looking bass... and you used nice components, too! What brand pick ups did you use?

4. Jayneck Peabody

Aug 15, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Thanks! It has Lindy Fralin's pups. I spared no expense. The Schaller bridge is adjustable for string spacing. I spent a lot of time finishing the body to my taste (I love to see the wood grain). As my post explains, I'd really rather thin the herd; but it's not about money. I just have 3 basses I play more than the P-bass. I've had 3 P's and while I like their sound I've found them limited and cumbersome. I may ultimately find a passive 'vette to be the same.....but I am curious. Is your Corvette German-made? Oiled finish? Jeff

5. rollin$tone

Jul 9, 2009
    It is oil finished, Bubinga body. I think that it was made in Korea, but this being my 4th Warwick, I don't really see a difference, except in price. It plays incredible, and has tons of tone!

6. Jayneck Peabody

Aug 15, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    I think I'l have to pass on a trade. GLWTS though.

7. rollin$tone

Jul 9, 2009
    Thanks for the interest, GLWTS also.

Jayneck Peabody likes this.
  8. Kaczmarek

Kaczmarek

Apr 1, 2017
    Warwick basses always have that metal-ish charm

9. rollin$tone

Jul 9, 2009
    Yeah, you can dial in about any tone you like! And the round wound strings give it a piano-like ring!

10. PM Sent

11. JMPGuitars

JMPGuitars Guitar Nerd Commercial User

Apr 22, 2015
    Massachusetts
    Owner of JMP Guitars
    I'm fairly certain that's a "Pro Series" which are supposedly all made in Germany. If you want details about your bass, take photos of the front, back, open electronics cavity, and serial number and email them to serialnumber@warwick.de. They'll tell you all the details.

The -10 at the end makes me think it's a 2010 model according to their standard serial number method.

12. Khronic

Khronic Richard J. Naimish Banned

Oct 24, 2006
    Grand Junction, CO.
    Conversationed you. :cool:

13. Khronic

Khronic Richard J. Naimish Banned

Oct 24, 2006
    Grand Junction, CO.
    +1