1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick double buck $$ ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ArturoOsito, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ArturoOsito

ArturoOsito

Aug 21, 2012
    Hey yo, what do we think of the double buck compared to the double single coil? Looking at Corvette Std pro series or Streamer LX Pro if it comes in double buck...does it buck the hum well? Because I hate noise!! :eyebrow: How's the tone? Is it easy to balance your thumb on the pickup? Good passive? Fretless? Please just bring any and all thoughts and experiences on the matter. RIGHTEOUS

2. sammyp

sammyp

Aug 20, 2010
    NB, Canada
    from the 'Wick site ....

Bolt-on
    Available as 4, 5 or 6-string
    Available as right-handed or left-handed*, as well as fretted and fretless* models
    US Swamp Ash body
    Ovangkol neck
    Wenge fingerboard
    Scale length: 34" (long scale)
    24 Jumbo Bronze (extra hard) frets (Width: 2,9 mm/Height: 1,3 mm)
    Passive MEC MM-Style humbuckers
    Active MEC 2-way electronics
    Two 3-way mini-switches for separate configuration of the humbuckers (serial / parallel / single-coil)
    available in Natural Oil Finish, Coloured Oil Finish or High Gloss Finish
    Warwick tuners
    2-piece Warwick bridge
    Warwick security locks
    Black hardware (chrome, gold or satin-chrome with extra charge)
    Just-A-Nut III Brass
    Weight**: 3,9 kg (4-string), 4,3 kg (5-string), 4,5 kg (6-string)
    Warwick Black Label strings: 4-string: 045" - 105" (40200M), 5-string: 045" - 135" (40301M), 6-string 025" - 135"
    Including Warwick "User Kit"
    Including "Premium Line Plus" RockBag® RB 20605 B/Plus

should be badass ....you can run the pickups any way you like ....a double humbucker bass is designed to cop almost any standard tone or come close!

3. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I love mine, but there can be some hum when the pickup(s) are set to single coil position and the blend is not balanced -- like a jazz bass.

When in humbucking positions, they're quiet.

4. __HM__

__HM__

Aug 28, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I have mine wired vol/vol/tone, just like a jazz bass. No extra switching. Its still incredibly versatile, and sounds monstrous.

5. jbailes

jbailes

Apr 5, 2012
    Mine's set up that way as well. And HM's right, it certainly brings the thunder.