SOLD Warwick Fortress ONE 1993

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Delsan, May 8, 2020.

1. Delsan

Delsan

Nov 21, 2015
    Allentown
    Price:
    Strings:
    The only trade I'll honor is a Dingwall. Please do not offer me G&L instruments.

I've gone crazy.

I've found my brand. I'm selling off most of my basses. This one is next on my list.

Goodness knows I love my 41. Don't let first impressions deceive you, there's a lot to unpack here.

Up until recently this bass is the best player's bass I've ever wrapped my hands around, bar none.

Based on the serial code saying 1993 and Hans's personal message saying this was made in the early quarter of the year, I would have to assume that this is one of the first Fortresses ever made, given that 1993 was their first official run year.

It has the cut aways indicative of an early Fortress, making the upper register much more accessible and comfortable to play on.

When I received it. It was in, well, less than extraordinary condition. A product of its age. This is a true, handmade, German Warwick from the Golden Era with all the frills of its time.

I've had it refinished through SIM's for a glassy, spacey, dark matter blueburst that looks incredible with lighting, and when not lit up, it's a darkhorse beauty.

I've also upgraded the electronics package from a buzzy, nasty Seymour Duncan to a full Bartolini package. 2b preamp and an original series PJ. I had previously tried some EMG X series, but I find the Bartos to be much more articulate and responsive to attack. They're also very comfortable to the hand due to their casing and edges. I added a picture of its Emg days because it shows off the blue glow really well. Plus, you can see how it looked with its original hardware. Not as beautiful. :D 20180311_193140_IMG_2287.JPG

It has been blacked out with a new bridge and Gotoh tuners. It has an original just a nut 1, and Dunlop style recessed straploks.

Buy it before I change my mind. This bass is serene.

Video related. Here she is.

The only trade I'll honor is a Dingwall. Please do not offer me G&L instruments.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2020
    TNCreature, NigelD, gscroggin and 6 others like this.
  2. Delsan

Delsan

Nov 21, 2015
    Allentown
    More photos.

3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    I read that the early Fortress' had a nut width of 45mm/1.77". Can you confirm the nut width and neck profile?
    Thanks.

Delsan likes this.
  4. I have what is probably the same Bart PJ/preamp setup on my CS Streamer LX, and it’s a killer package.

Delsan likes this.
  5. graphics1988

graphics1988 Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    If its like my four string fortress - its an inch and a half. Maybe the fivers were 1.77"

xhawk5 likes this.
  6. Outshined91

Outshined91 Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Connecticut
    If this is still available, could I get the nut width and weight? Thanks! :)

7. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    I've asked for the nut width also. No reply. Good luck with your sale OP.

8. rodv66

rodv66 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Beautiful

9. gscroggin

gscroggin Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2006
    CT
    PMed

Delsan likes this.
  10. jimmyjames77

jimmyjames77 Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Just West of Chicago
    I have a very early F1. 93’? No where near a 1.77. Probably a 1.5. Front to back is a little thick but not too thick. It was my first real bass when I was young and I will never sell it. It is a great great piece.

11. Ralph69

Ralph69

Oct 8, 2015
    Tampa, Fl.
    I have a Dingwall Afterburner 2 that I might be interested in trading.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021