1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick GPS Streamer LX versus...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Turbo Sparky, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Turbo Sparky

Turbo Sparky Supporting Member

May 14, 2018
    South Eastern U.S.
    EBMM Stingray and Fender American Elite Precision quality control.
    In the market for a PJ configuration in general, and a potentially more "agressive/modern" set-up/bass tone and I am seeking insight/opinions/expertise. Currently own/play EBMM Stingray 4HH and 5H; and enjoy them immensely. Quality control from the start is to be emulated in my experience. Usual maintenence; change batteries, strings, and truss rod adjust as needed etc. Rock solid from tuners to bridge etc. Not sure when I go if they will be handed down or interred with me.
    Purchased a Fender American Elite P-Bass about 2 weeks ago to diversify my tonal palette; very disappointed in initial quality control from the start. P-Bass developed a hum which got worse when blend moved to bridge "noiseless" pick-up when active, even when touching strings hum/static INCREASED when right hand moved over neck/middle pick-ups, crackles in master and tone control knobs/pots (which did not go away with cycling etc), pot spindles began to wiggle etc, and possible shielding AND ground issues...and yes, checked cables, input gain, etc., and run rig through power conditioner etc...returned it for refund.
    Interested in Warwick GPS Streamer LX (PJ config.). Seeking advice/guidance with...
    * Initial quality control?
    * Tonal quality with German made MEC active PJ pick-ups?
    * Ease with/in end user serviceability?
    * True color/tone versus on-line images from different websites?
    * Overall satisfaction after playing and purchasing?
    * What would you change/modify if you own a Warwick Streamer LX?

As usual, YT vids/reviews do NOT focus on anything but talking points and the stereotypical slippity slap bling blam of the player and NOT the instrument. Typically "unscientific"/objective.
    Thanks in advance.