Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick Infinity LTD 2000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Does anyone have one or has anyone played one? I'm really considering buying because I heard it's tonally versitile.. Anyone?

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I have one, actually i have thoght of letting it go because of all the playing time my sadowsky is getting. I would say the infinity is the best of all the warwicks i have played. If their is something in particular you want to now let me know.

3. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I played one, and it was a great bass, quite versitile, but you can buy an awful lot of bass for the kind of money those things go for. I'd shop around in that price range before you get one, you may find something you like better.

4. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    hey, my cab!

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hey, your (former) bass!
    I recorded with the pictured bass once, and absolutely loved it. As with alot of Warwicks, the reach to first position feels like a bit of a stretch, and the headstock likes to do a little diving, but the sound more than compensated for those issues, and it's nothing you couldn't get used to after a day or so with the bass. I believe the one pictured was a prototype, or something along those lines (please correct me if I'm wrong, MM and Xush) because of the humbucker rather than the J-J bridge pickup. In my experiences, the Warwick J-Js leave alot to be desired. If you can find one with a humbucker, go for it.

6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    That one was a one-off prototype (so far) (but you can surely custom-order one, for a bit of extra $$)

you can get used to the stretch quite fast, especially if you wear it with a strap. A good ol' strap can solve some of the issues like the stretch (btw that is because of the curvature and the size of the body) and the neckdive. the harder way is relocating the straplock a bit upwards, and changing the tuners to, like, Ultralites

7. MAJOR METAL

The infinity ltd 2000 has the strongest mids i have heard on any bass.

8. MAJOR METAL

Hi Mark , hows it going

9. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I love the LTD... there's one at the guitar center in albany that i've been lusting over for quite a while. Being a poor-ass college student is really making it hard to satisfy my GAS.

10. MAJOR METAL

Hi Jon

How much is the LTD going for up their

11. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Hey Kevin.
    I think it's something along the line of $1100 or so... I havent been there in a few months though, so who knows.

12. Landline

Landline Guest

Jan 14, 2001
    I've found mine (Birdseye Maple 4) to be relatively versatile... but it has the voices that I need to get through any mix, jazz to rock. Like it was mentioned above, the mids on the Infinity are, well, very much *there*. The output is pretty hot, tho... I've had soundguys (and been the soundguy) scramble to retrim the gains when I plug in to a P.A., even with a DI box set at unitary. With Hartkes and similar 'modern hi-fi' types of amps/cabs, the tone can get sorta brittle if you're not careful. I wouldn't recommend using it for 'vintage' tones, but palm-muted thumb plucking works decently. Plus, you appreciate an instrument more when you have to wax it every few weeks or so :cool:

Another cool note: I got mine around the time that they first came out... and the list price (source: danabgoods.com) has risen $1500-plus, IIRC. "It's not just freakin' cool, it's also an Investment!"

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

13. MAJOR METAL

I had recently heard that their is only a thousand of these.

14. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Well i know that it is limited because of the LTD 2000. Is it this one or the 2002 LTD where there is only 200. Or am i making this up, getting confused again

15. MAJOR METAL

What kind of strings are you using on your infinity?

16. I found a four-string just over a year ago... sitting neglected in the back of the shop, in desperate need of setup and marked way down. It turned out to be a wonderful bass. The neck is quite thin depth-wise like my early model Warwicks (which surprised me). Soundwise I find that that it is very much like the Thumb N/T but with more articulation and definition. Also the Seymour Duncan preamp gets great tone and the slap contour is superb. Fit and finish is surprisingly good on this one (YMMV) and my only gripe is with the newer plastic nut (easily replaced with the older brass style).

17. Landline

Landline Guest

Jan 14, 2001
    I've mine strung with Elixir NanoWebs, umm... mediums? Here it is... 045-100's. But I've gone through Ernie Balls, Warwick Black and Red Labels, DR Lo-Riders, and some D'Addarios... the Elixirs do the trick.

18. MAJOR METAL

Thanks , i wonder how flat wounds would sound on it.

19. MAJOR METAL

The TI flatwound strings are working great on this bass