Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warwick/Nemesis?? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by needmoney, Jan 25, 2005.

1. I'm lookin at gettin my first proper rig, and i'm on a pretty tight budget (i'll even have to sell a fair bit of stuff to get this), I was originally gonna go with Hartke but after reading about all the reliabilty problems I think I'll steer clear, anyway at my local guitar shop, they've got a Nemesis 410 cab on sale for pretty cheap. I'd just like to know if anyone owns, or has played this cab (I didn't get a chance to play it). If so, what's the low end like? I've got a 6 string yammy and I want it to be able to handle the Low B. My head will be relatively small, most probably a Warwick Profet III. I know the head's good (I own a Warwick combo). I'm just really curious about the Cab. Any help with this product would be great. Thanks ;)

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I dont have any personal experience with them apart from seeing a 210-115 combination in a store that sold quite fast; all I know is that they're Eden's budget line stuff.
    Hope this helps

3. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    I played through the 4-10 combo version, and it blew me away. I thought the low end was superb! I was going to buy one, but then found a great deal on a Peavey BAM 210 combo from a fellow TB'er. If the cabs are anything like the combo, then you won't be disappointed!

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'm using a Nemisis 410. It's the most under-rated cab on the market. Loud, clean, efficient, and handles the low B reasonable well - not as good as my JBL, but better than my Eden 210xLT.

And you won't find a lighter 4x10. I was originally going to get the Eden 410XLT but I could barely lift it off the ground. The Nemisis weighs half the XLT.

Get it!

5. Thank you for all your replies. Pete, you said it handles the Low B reasonably well. How well exactly? Does it still sound clear? or is it just rumbly and crap, if that question makes any sense...

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    It's clear. It just doesn't make your pants flap as much as the 15. But there aren't many 4x10s that can. It's the laws of physics at work. I certainly don't hold back when I'm on the 5th string.......

7. Yeah im not really after 15 inch rumble anyway, so it sounds promising. Im gonna check one out tomorrow :) Thanks mate.

8. [SD]

[SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    i must say i haven't tested any nemesis equipment. But i've tested everal warwick stuff (considreing all i own is warwick stuff:smug: )

I own a 411pro it's a 4x10 that can handle 600watts and comes with custom eminence speakers, it's a really good stand alone cab, great low end! for a 410 quite good at low B, still a 15 would make it sound better though. But for me the 411 is the best stand alone 410 cab i've tested it has enough low end and punch by itself even better than some swr that have really less low end than this one. Theres is also de 410pro but it dones't have a tweeter and it has some other brand of speakers...
    Warwicks 115pro...is not really good i wouldn't recommend it...i have it cuz i didn't have more money :meh:

9. Yeah they've got that exact Warwick cab at the place, but it costs 3 times more than the Nemesis cab so its out of the question.

Anyway I played the setup today, and it was great, nice tone from the head. Some nice features, like Crunch and Attack, I really dug those, plus the pre-post D.I, and the basic Bass, Mid Frequency, Mids, Treble controls. All contributes to nice tone.

The cab was great too, handled the power from the head with ease and had a nice solid low end, can easily handle the B.

All in all it was a really nice setup, at high volumes it still souded clear, no muddyness at all. And the whole setup is light and most importantly cheap. I'm definitely going to purchase it.

If anyone has anything bad to say about the cab or head now is the time to say it.

Thanks all.

10. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Wait, there was one thing about the cab I didn't like... I forgot about this for a sec because it's been so long since it was a problem. I found that when pushed hard, the light bulb that protects the horn would kick in a little bit too soon. To me it felt like the horn was saying "back off buddy" but the speakers felt like they could take a whole lot more.

If you end up with the same problem, don't worry. I've worked out a fix that is both very simple and very cheap. And I was right about the speakers having a lot more in them........

Plus I like that the cab is very efficient (103dB 1w/1m). It means you don't need a lot of watts to get up to gig volume.

If you ever need an extension cab, keep the Eden 210XLT in mind. They share the same efficiency rating so the blend together absolutely beautifully. Together, with a mere 400w, I can overpower PA systems which have much more watts and much more speakers.

I still say the Nemisis 410 is the most under-rated cab on the market!

11. How'd ya fix the tweeter problem?

12. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    There's a couple of different ways, depending on how often it's cutting in and how many watts you're running. With smaller amps (aprox 400w or less), I just bypass the bulb. I did that many years ago, and the tweeter hasn't blown yet.... And I'm not a gentle of player.

With bigger amps, it gets a bit trickier. It involves re-jigging the crossover so instead of thew 12dB per octave slope, we turn it into a 24dB per octave slope. In removing twice as as much of the lower horn frequencies, the bulb doesn't activate so easily because there's less electrical energy reaching it.

Both fixes are very easy to do!