1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Warwick passive P/U replacement?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by eno50, Aug 18, 2012.

1. eno50

eno50

Jan 31, 2009
    North of Memphis
    Hello everyone ,
    I have a project going on and would like to change out the pickups and replace the wiring in my Warwick little red Corvette and I need some Ideas on what to use.
    I do not care for the Mec's and I want to keep her passive but a little hotter pups. What do you guys recomend?
    I know bassline 1/4pounders are hot,anyone has these in there ash corvette care to comment?
    And I was thinking about Barts , but which set?
    and EMG's and again which set?
    I'am wanting low to midrange punch but not real bright sounding pups.
    The Corvette has an Ash body. And should I when rewiring go to the standard Vol- vol- Tone or rewire her back to the VOL- Blend -Tone?
    Throw me some Ideas...

Thanks Eno

2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    If you want passive for emg, I think they only make one version of the J pups. Id look at Dimarzio J pups myself. Hotter then regular fender J's and fuller sound.

3. __HM__

__HM__

Aug 28, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    DiMarzios.. They'd suit a Warwicks naturally woody tone really well, I imagine. Like a standard J pickup, but hotter and with more growl.

4. Turxile

Turxile

May 1, 2011
    I kept the stock MEC pups in both my Warwicks (so far...), but from what I can see in the Warwick forum the most popular replacement seems to be Bartolinis.
    Saying that, I tried a PS P-Nut with SD QPs and it was quite good. Warwicks have good midrange which probably works well with the QPs.