1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

warwick price increase?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scuba steve, Mar 31, 2006.

1. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    while checkin out musiciansfriend.com, i noticed that the
    bolt-on thumb and infinity sn have gone up consideraly in price(at least a $400 increase). when i ordered my bo thumb, they were goin for about $1500 on mc and i was gonna get it through gc for between $1300 and $1400. is the price increase due to there not being any brand new thumbs in stock? can anyone shed some light on this? i should(better!) get my thumb for the price i ordered it at.

2. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Yikes! That's a huge jump. I know they normaly go up every other year, or every year, but $400 is crazy!:eek:

3. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Whoops, good thing i got all of mine before the jacked up price... Check out basscentral.com they have a great selection of used and new Warwicks cheap.

4. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Whoops, good thing i got all of mine before the jacked up price... Check out basscentral.com they have a great selection of used and new Warwicks cheap.

5. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    well do y'all think i will(should) get mine at the old price, i mean i did order from a gc before the price increase, i guess they will give me a rain check, beings they already told me what they would charge me.

6. Lebowski

Lebowski

Jul 11, 2005
    Even Beaver at basscentral mentioned they had gone up. Inflation I guess...

7. You ordered expecting one price, not the second price- I feel as though you shouldn't have to pay the higher price.

8. steve21

steve21 Banned

Musiciansfriend sells the Corvette Standard Fretless for 1030, GC for 800 I believe.

9. T-Funk

T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    USA
    I noticed price increase as well on some Warwick models at Musician's Friend as well.

For instance, the price on the Warwick Streamer Jazzman 5 increased from $2,159.99 to $4,719.99. I am glad I purchased mine 3 weeks ago at the lower price.

However, this week I purchased a Warwick Corvette ProLine 5 from Musician's Friend, brand new in an unopened factory box, for $1,199.99.

Ted

10. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    well i hope your right.

11. You will not have to pay the higher price - demand that they either refund your money, or honor the price you were sold.

It's happened to me before on a number of occasions with smaller goods but it always worked in my favor with a little pushing.

12. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    well i haven't paid yet, i told them i would when it came in. im pretty confident i'll get it for what they told me at first.

13. I would probably say both a typical yearly price increase and the exchange rate...