SOLD WARWICK ROCKBASS CORVETTE, medium scale, 5-string, satin finish

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ebonalley, Apr 20, 2019.

1. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    Price:
    $550
    Strings:
    For sale is a medium-scale (32 inch), 5-string, Warwick Rockbass Corvette. The bass is very lightly used and in very good condition. A cool story about this bass is that it was created, in part, based on a thread I created on this website in 2012 asking for Warwick to build it!

The Warwick officials listened to the people, built the instrument, and demoed this very bass at NAMM in 2013.

"Thanks in-part to all the feedback I received here and a few other forums. This request was brought up here, and after collecting info took your ideas to the design team. I appreciate all the feedback, and we look forward to the launch of the Rockbass Corvette Medium Scale 5 string bass! Thanks again!" (Warwick)

This satin finish model is extremely rare and not available in the U.S. If you can get one its going to cost more than twice as much getting shipped from Europe:
    Warwick RockBass Corvette Basic 5-String Bass, Natural Satin at Gear4music

I'm only selling because I'm moving and its not getting enough use. In interest of full disclosure, I've upgraded the tuners to Hipshot Ultralights. Additionally the B-string options for the bass are limited however, they can be obtained from Warwick and others have reported success with DR Low Riders. Additionally, there are a handful of light scratches which are pictured below. Most notably on the top of the top horn (see bottom pic) which blends in fairly well with the alder body and satin finish.

Sale is for CONUS with paypal. $550 shipped.
    IMG_4885_zps0c26a7a8.jpg
    The bass comes with silver knobs
    001_zps9bb2e244.jpg IMG_4877_zps3a9c6038.jpg IMG_4880_zps5fcbd514.jpg IMG_4881_zps05c6a62c.jpg IMG_4883_zps6bad6d5e.jpg IMG_4886_zpsdc6c89aa.jpg IMG-9255.JPG IMG-9256.JPG IMG-9257.JPG IMG-9261.JPG IMG-9262.JPG IMG-9264.JPG IMG-9266.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    xhawk5, emjazz and reddog like this.
  2. kumimajava

kumimajava

May 19, 2010
    Tokyo, Japan
    What's the weight and string spacing at the bridge, please?

3. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    16.5 mm string spacing.

I’m getting 7.6lbs with multiple trials on the bathroom scale.

Warwick site says 8.4lbs for the full scale. The ultralights may shave a little off mine too.

Framus & Warwick

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    emjazz likes this.
  4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    What a cool looking bass! I would personally have a hole drilled behind the bridge to run the B string through the body. That way you could use any set of strings. Either way, this is so cool!

ebonalley likes this.
  5. LUpton

LUpton Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Probably too old for this sh--
    The web link provided mentions active electronics in the bass. What I see in your pictures appears to be passive - master volume, blend and 2 passive tone controls, 1 for each pickup. Is this the stock setup?

6. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    This is a great idea and have considered it however felt it best to leave it up to the buyer.

John the Bassist and emjazz like this.
  7. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    Sorry for any miscommunication. Aside from the tuners the bass is stock and the pickups are passive.

8. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    PS, sale does not include HSC.

9. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    Sold locally.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021