Warwick Streamer Stage II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Swamp_Ronin, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Swamp_Ronin

Swamp_Ronin

Jan 15, 2021
    Portland, OR
    Hi!

So I’ve had this Warwick SSII for a long time. It’s a 2001 model. Great bass. I bought it around the time when all the rock guys were playing one. I’ve noticed that it doesn’t get much play anymore- the Jazz and Jaguar get all the attention these days. I’ve thought about selling the Streamer, but it could be something I regret, because they don’t make these anymore.They seem to be pretty out of style now. Would you sit on it or keep it?

2. matti777

matti777 Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Canada
    I wanted an SSII 4 string bad a couple of years ago but they were pretty expensive new and used. I bought (and sold) a bolt on German LX but it was not the same. If I didn't need the money I would keep it unless I was dead sure I would never want another one. There are very few for sale so I am sure you could get good money for it if you did sell. Is it a 4 or 5?

3. Swamp_Ronin

Swamp_Ronin

Jan 15, 2021
    Portland, OR
    It’s a 5. There are almost none for sale. I don’t need the money, but I figured I could put it toward something that would serve me better.

4. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    Eventually you will regret selling it money comes and goes, but you will never get that bass back

5. Mikey F

Mikey F

Aug 12, 2014
    Denver, CO
    As someone who sold one, don’t do it. They are special basses and they are just too perfect. Who cares if they are in or out of style?

Swamp_Ronin likes this.
  6. Swamp_Ronin

Swamp_Ronin

Jan 15, 2021
    Portland, OR
    It’s not so much about fashion- but I think another bass might serve me better these days. Why do you regret selling it?

7. Mikey F

Mikey F

Aug 12, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Because I’m dumb. I sold a Dolphin too

8. FRoss6788

FRoss6788 Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Olympic Peninsula
    I don't know, is it really that great if you don't ever want to play it?
    They're beautiful, well made basses but, if it doesn't float your boat sell it and get something that does.
    If it's on your mind you obviously think you want something different.