No longer available Warwick Thumb Bass 5 NT 1998

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joshbazz, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Warwick Thumb Bass 5 NT for sale! This was my dream bass, but I'm into different styles now. It's Bubinga (I think) body with Wenge neck/fretboard. I think it is 1998 (I am second owner) from what I could tell from the serial number.

This bass growls and cuts like crazy, I love it for rock/metal, fusion/funk - however I've fallen in love with vintage jazz types, and the wider string spacing, so letting this go.

I'm interested in trading for a quality jazz 5 string (possibly +/- $$), with under 24 frets (I'm not a solo guy):
    Mike Lull
    Sadowsky
    Lakland
    Sire V7
    Skyline DJ/JO
    IMG_0231.jpg IMG_0386.jpg IMG_0388.jpg IMG_0390.jpg IMG_0392.jpg IMG_0394.jpg IMG_0396.jpg IMG_0398.jpg IMG_0399.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Nice!!

Joshbazz likes this.
  3. I'll accept reasonable offers - shipping negotiable :)
    Not in a rush, but would love to get into a high-end jazz fiver...

4. James Collins

James Collins

Mar 25, 2017
    Augusta, GA
    Tempting...I hate import tax though.

Joshbazz likes this.
  5. I wasn't aware of import tax... how bad is it? I'm a couple hours from the border close to Bellingham or Spokane If that helps :)

6. James Collins

James Collins

Mar 25, 2017
    Augusta, GA
    I want to say
    I want to say to the US it was around 8%. It was awhile ago, I ordered a bass not even knowing it was coming from Canada then about two months later I got a final notice that I hadn't paid the tax. I'm sure I could look it up online.

7. hmmm... Looks like there are different reports for duty and import taxes, the best method seems to be using USPS/Canadapost combination to minimize fees. I'll look up what costs are to some different locations, as well as find a suitable box to - and report back with shipping estimates and info on import charges.

I wasn't including shipping, but I'm willing to be somewhat flexible :)

8. Updated closeups for more info:
    Had to replace B and G tuners with Gotoh, will include rest of the 5string set...
    IMG_1607.jpg
    IMG_1605.jpg

Noticed there are scratches not visible in previous photos:
    IMG_1602.jpg IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1608.jpg

9. One more on the back of the neck:
    IMG_1656.JPG

Depending on your technique, your thumb may feel this one. The wenge neck feels very porous, I don't notice it at all - not like playing a smooth maple neck, but I like the wood texture, as most Warwick players do...

10. Price bump
    $2400 USD or $3000 CAD

11. 777vdara

777vdara

Mar 10, 2011
    Is this still available?

Joshbazz likes this.
  12. Yes

13. 777vdara

777vdara

Mar 10, 2011
    Cool, what would be your best price shipped to 89147, las vegas?

14. I’ll look into shipping costs and PM you.
    Cheers

777vdara likes this.
  15. Sent you a PM :)

16. Came to my senses, not going to let it go...

Bliff Curton and bassbooty like this.
  17. Bliff Curton

Bliff Curton

Sep 10, 2018
    If you di, lemme know

18. James Collins

James Collins

Mar 25, 2017
    Augusta, GA
    Good to hear!

19. Well, it's just hanging on the wall. Looks like I'd rather it be played than be an art piece, back up for sale!
    :)

20. Traded :)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021