1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick WCA 211 pro for UB?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by robobass, May 3, 2010.

1. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    I'm going to need a bigger and louder cab for some outdoor summer stuff. I just tried a used one of these and really liked it. Very full and balanced sound, highly efficient (I use an old Hartke 200w head). two 10"s + adjustable tweeter. It's not huge but still seems like all I'll ever need for the bigger stages. I did a search and no one has mentioned this cab. Anyone out there use one for upright?

2. paperbag1213

paperbag1213

Feb 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I'd say not, and I know quite a bit about warwick.
    Unless you want your upright to sound like an electric
    bass. I'd say bergantino, genz benz, markbass, phil jones,
    swr, dr. bass

3. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    Funny, I was expecting exactly that - a too electric sound. I've played through cabs from three of the brands you cite and found none of them to be as "natural" sounding as the Warwick, which I've decided to buy. Perhaps it's down to my unusual bass. I'm using a 30's Leroy Geiger with Oblis, original Schertler, PreIIa, Hartke head. I haven't gigged with it yet, but at higher volume it seems like the best sound I've ever gotten.