1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Warwick x-treme 10.1 power but no sound!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SouthTippBass, May 24, 2011.

1. SouthTippBass

SouthTippBass

Jul 22, 2010
    I got a loan of a Warwick x-treme 10.1 bass amp for a gig. I was checking levels with the drummer when the amp blew a fuse. We got the fuse replaced, the amp powered on but then there was no sound! I took everything home after the gig, the cab isnt the problem, I tried it with a different head. Its not the bass or any leads or cables.
    I know the head is recieving a signal because when I crank the gain and slap the pickups, the red clipping light reacts. Has anybody any idea what's going on? Is it fried or is there something I'm missing?
    If anyone has some advice on this it would be greatly appreciated. I'm in that awkward situation now where I borrowed somebodys gear and it's returning broken! :crying:
    Help!!

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    This is why I don't loan out ANYTHING!

3. SouthTippBass

SouthTippBass

Jul 22, 2010
    I dont like to borrow either, but I was stuck! It was gonna be the last time I had to borrow anything either as my own rack should be complete by next month :( Can anybody offer some advice?

4. Yes - take it to a tech and have it checked out. It blew a fuse - there's something wrong. Did you test your speaker cables? What cabinet(s) were you using with the amp?

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 take it to an amp tech, there is no other alternative.

6. SouthTippBass

SouthTippBass

Jul 22, 2010
    All speaker cables are working fine, I was going through 4x10 cab (not sure what make)
    Ugh, ok it going to an amp tech. Thanks guys...

7. Let me see if I have this right. You borrowed an amp for a gig. Plugged it into a cabinet that you have no knowledge of and it blew?? That about right?

8. SouthTippBass

SouthTippBass

Jul 22, 2010

Hey woah! You make that sound so terrible! The amp and cab were a match, it was my friends rig that he used to use all the time for his metal band. They finished a year ago so he hasnt been using this gear, I didnt see any harm in borrowing it as we were too play in a ballroom. Too big a room for my Ampeg B115HP combo.
    I dont know anything about the cab because the front grill was replaced with a different grill with a band logo on it. So I dont know who the manufacturer is, or what model it is. :confused:

9. Fair enough - so you did know the history of the cab. :)

Electronics in general don't like to be left unpowered for a long time. Commonly when you do power it up again, all sorts of crackles and other noises appear that were not there when it was last used. Bottom line is it's still tech time. Hope it's not too expensive.

10. SouthTippBass

SouthTippBass

Jul 22, 2010
    It did cross my mind that this amp had been sitting in his bedroom for over a year. But not until after it failed. Hindsight is 20:20, I wont be borrowing again. I certainly hope its not too expensive either, I'l post back when I find a tech and get the diagnosis. What a pain in the ass! :mad: