We need a new bassist. Fast.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by miko, Mar 11, 2004.

1. just as i'm printing up flyers for our april 3 gig, our bassist calls and tells me he's quitting.

***, man. we are sooo not lucky with bass players. if memory serves correctly, this is our 7th one. we have the spinal tap syndrome, only with bassists.

if anyone here is in the ny-metro area [we're in southern westchester], and is into serious hard rock with lots of odd time stuff, please give me a holler. if you're really good, maybe you can save the day and make the april 3rd gig in yonkers.

check out our site for tunes, or i can mail you a more current 4-song cd. if you know of a good bassist, please pass the message on. we need a hard groover who can embellish well. a rock look and good stage presence a big plus.

p.s. greetings and salutations to my tb buds. haven't posted in a long time due to work. i'd chat more but am in a bad mood now given this development.
  2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    how often do you guys play outside the city?
  3. it's been slow in the past few months coz we were recording, but we try to get out at least 4-6 times a month. we'd prefer to play more gigs in nyc and brooklyn, and it would be great to get a summer tour together. we are very interested in scoping out ohio and pennsylvania.

we have a gig slated for april 3 in yonkers, ny., and it would've been nice to find someone for that, but admittedly that's pushing it, coz our tunes are a little involved.

pm me if ya want.
  4. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    NM- I have a serious 9-5er and that arrangement would spread me a bit too thin... sorry miko... good luck tho!
  5. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    After seven bass players, maybe the problem is not with the bassist. ?.

Harrell S.

6. wrong, and please don't push my buttons because you'll end up making me say something i'll regret.

if you have nothing to contribute, don't, and don't speak on topics you know nothing of.

we have simply had bad luck with bassists too unfocused and unprofessional to remain committed to a solid music project. hopefully you are not one of those.
  7. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    oh it's like that..... ummm
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :rolleyes: nice.
  9. Pete

Jan 3, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    There's an unspoken rule that after 4 bassists you have to break up the band...

Actually the problem worsens when the 3 remaining members have so much history that the new guy feels like there is nothing he/she can contribute. That's a very serious problem because a band starts to really find it's niche and the newer player (whomever joins) feels like they can't express themselves.

either that or you guys really suck ass.

10. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Gentlemen, if you don't have anything helpful to say, don't post it.

Suggesting that the problem lies elsewhere is not an appropriate response when you don't know the details of the situation, and it will not be tolerated.