1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Weird question maybe?!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rottentothecore, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Hi! Someone at the music store told me that if I run a mesa/boogie walkabout scout combo(that I want to buy soon) through my little mixer(so I can play with headphones in my apartment) I will totally lose the real sound of it. Is it true? Thanks!;)

2. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Sometimes, with good headphones, you get an even better sound than the live cabinet. The low extension is better in good headphones.

3. The power section and the actual speaker add (or subtract... depending on your vision) to the tone.

...But I assure you the sound will be fine for practice. :smug:

4. :) Thanks a lot! That salesman was not really nice...He told me that when you buy high end gear like Mesa/boogie you shouldn't play with headphones in an apartment (because he guessed that I wasn't a professional player). Of course I want to play it with but also without headphones!But he was totally laughing at me...:(

5. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    sounds like he was just being a jerk, don't listen to him

6. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Then you go buy that amp from a better store with a better sales person, and then go back to this loser, and tell him you bought the amp from someone who didn't treat you like an idiot! Rub it in his face! Ruin his day by letting him know his crappy attitude and belittlement lost him a sale!

Rotten sales people need to be put in their place. I let people like him know how terrible a sales person they are when they try to screw with me or treat me like a n00b. I'm not taking gruff from ANYONE I'm about to give my money to. And neither should you.

Oh, and tell him you paid a higher price at the other store as well. That'll really get his goat. He'll be bitching up a storm at lunchtime to his coworkers. Coworkers that probably already don't like him!

7. hoosierdad

hoosierdad

Sep 1, 2003
    Indiana
    And tell him he's ugly too!

8. Good idea!!:hyper: