1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Weirdest accents ever -

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Jul 19, 2012.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hutterites.

Carry on.

bc

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Serginiese

3. Die Antwoord

4. Village Torcher

Village Torcher

Dec 30, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Sheyboyganese and other Midwesterners.

5. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Hoosiers. Seriously.

6. Scobby Bott

Scobby Bott

Jan 23, 2012
    Pottstown, PA
    I know we're speaking more generally here, but I don't think it gets much freakier than Werner Hertzog

7. Corbeau

Corbeau

Dec 14, 2011
    Australia
    South Africans.

8. Southern USA, Y'all! ;)

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    None of the above have anything on the Hutterites.

It's part german, part old irish, part Arkansasan, part South African, etc, etc.. so forth, so on..

bc

10. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    But the women do have the SWEETEST hairstyles. I've watched the show a few times....like an amish wagonwreck.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    We have a hutterite commune here in Waco. Supposedly they have a restaurant that is pretty awesome. I had a friend who grew up in it and then left and his parents disowned him.

bc

12. As a South African, I can agree. We have 11 official languages and depending on the race and region, the accents will differ greatly. Cape Town english sounds very different to Johannesburg english. Variety is the spice of life.

13. People fro Michigan. I never knew how bad their accent was until I moved away and then went back to visit. Wow, that's an annoying accent. People from Cleveland have a similar accent but not as heavy as the Michigan one.

14. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Loooooooooooooooong ago, we had a fairly huge family reunion at my grandmother's aunt's(my great great grand aunt? or something like that...my great grandfather's sister anyway) farm in Alabama. I discovered that the Bagwells and Hendersons had spread much further afield than we'd ever suspected. At one point I had to translate English to English for some cousins. Eve was a local from the area near the farm (Glen Allen AL) the other two were from 'under the polar ice cap' or north of the Mason Dixon. I believe Ken was from Passaic NJ, and Micky was from Elyria OH. Micky wanted everyone to call him 'Mick', so of course we called him 'Mouse'.

One would say something and the other two would say "What was that?" and I'd repeat whatever that statement was. Then one of the others would reply to the statement I'd repeated and the other two would say "Huh?" and I'd repeat that statement and on and on and on...I talked a lot and don't think I said a single thing of my own. I was too busy telling them what the others had said.

15. I read Charlize Theron has a South African accent but when intervued in the US she does an "American" accent. I would love to hear her S.A. accent. She's awesome!

16. Earache

Earache

Feb 3, 2012
    Denver
    Here she says here name. It's pretty cool.

Hardcore Irish girls have always sounded very alien to me.

17. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Keanu Reeves in Dracula
    Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins
    The cast of Fargo

18. I nominate the accent from my little part of the UK.

Have a listen.

19. NML1986

NML1986

Feb 25, 2012
    Lincoln UK
    Brummies.:ninja: :bag:

20. Haha, was gonna say Geordies! You guys are indecipherable when you've had a few!