1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Well, I messed up..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zachoff, May 5, 2010.

1. I've asked this question of other forums too but wanted to get the TB collective's POV... I had an Ampeg fridge. It sat real nicely in the band mix most of the time but I tune to D standard and sometimes drop C and it would turn to mud when playing 1/8ths on C or D.

So, I looked for something less muddy and traded it for a Schroeder 1515. Less muddy to be sure but it's way too present in the mix, hifi sounding, and basically the opposite of warm. So, what say you? I've been told the Bergantino NV610 is the stuff when paired with the old Ampeg heads ('76 SVT is what I have). Also thinking I should just go back to the fridge or Ampeg 610. Any other ideas? Really the only things I disliked about the fridge were the 167lbs and it's tendency to mud up at low hertzezez.

2. braydensharrar

braydensharrar

Feb 21, 2009
    California
    I would go with a Berg NV610, they absolutely kill with the older (better:smug:) Ampeg stuff.

That would be a solid rig for sure.

~B

3. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    NV610 solved this same issue for me and does exactly what you search for- been the longest running part of my rig for quite a while!