Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Westerners can't squat!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marlat, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Source: http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11202529%5E1702,00.html

Must be a slow day at the old laboratory!

2. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
  3. What kind of difference would squatting make? The torso would still be upright regardless. Somebody's funding the wrong "scientists."

Of course I'm assuming they mean to say wich way is best in terms of healthfulness

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    real men don't sit down to pee anyway. the same men who sit down to pee are the ones sitting on furry toilet seat covers.

-Mike

5. I gotta go potty.

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    It wont load.

7. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    "His study was conducted over two years using 100 women."

"He said further studies were conducted on 240 school children and this found a person's ability to squat dropped off about the age of 12, when a 'stiffness' set in."

Need I say more? :D

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Amateurs.

brad cook

9. I noticed this 14 years ago when I was in Saudi Arabia. We were staying in these barracks that the bathrooms had the stall with a porcelain hole in the floor. As the water quality isn't what we were used to, ummm... a certain "explosive fluidity" was commonly evident on the walls. Not just right around the porcelain hole, I swear there was poo 6 feet off the ground. Remember this is also with guys who are used to using "cat holes" and stuff in the field.

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Have you tried squatting?

11. Bad bliss, bad!! Why did you have to go and force that mental image into my brain? Now I hurt all over, and feel sick.

Rock on
    Eric

12. This reminds me of the legend of the squatting westerner. It goes like......Yae.......and a westerner who can squat will come forth, and His will be the name of the chosen one. :D

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    that's why I'm here Eric. ;)

14. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Or perhaps they are just not so fond of cleaning their toilets every other day. No matter how much of a man you are, you can still miss.

15. I got crosshairs on me willy.

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I've been backpacking numerous times before. I'll leave it at that.

17. they should require pe students to remain in the squatting position for thirty seconds te END ALL OF THIS MADNESS.

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's just a matter of getting used to it, which happens pretty quickly.

A friend of mine once accidentally walked in on an asian guy in a public restroom. The guy had his feet up on the toilet seat squatting on the toilet.

brad cook

19. Squating would be no problem for me, but holding/reading the sunday paper in that position would be a difficult.

I got in trouble one time when my wife commented on how long I spent in the toilet, I responded "Its the only time I can get away from you girls and have a moments peace" :eek: well that started WWIII. I know better now, I practice scales and they leave me alone!!! ;)

20. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Well, I don't think it's difficult but it's too bad that there are whole countries that will never know the joys of sitting on the crapper and reading a magazine or the newspaper. Squatting is just not as comfortable.

brad cook