1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What’s the Impedance I need?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CapnSev, Nov 25, 2017.

  1. CapnSev


    Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    I have this 1968 Univox E3 (or 1235) that I’ve had for at least 15 years or so. I sold the cab ages ago, and I’d like to revive this amp and give it a second shot at life as a guitar amp. Trouble is- I don’t know what impedance I need on a new cab to function correctly. Anyone here know what it might be, or how I’d find out?

    Question 2: How hard is it to replace the old 2-prong cord to a safer one with a ground?

    CE3A18C7-E21A-4231-BF06-DD2C83E2AD9F. CE5BD196-AFDC-4795-AC12-9CD0DB97FEA3.
  2. CapnSev


    Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
  3. Bim1959


    Apr 15, 2009
    Naples Florida
    Sales and electronic tech/piano tech: England Music Center - Clinton IA - now closed
    I looked back thru the history on this head and its a 50 watt head that needs an 8 ohm cabinet.

    As far as putting a 3 prong cord on it, take it to a tech and have it done right.
  4. CapnSev


    Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Perfect. Thank you!

    It will be seeing a tech before it’s recommissioning for sure.
    Gearhead17 likes this.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.