1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What a steal!!.....not

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by purfektstranger, Oct 15, 2009.

1. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
  2. But it is a rare color!!!

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    That's right...and I like the part about it being purchased from the original owner....gotta be some nostaligic value somewhere in there....

4. What can 'ya say?: Marketing is everything...:oops:...(yawn)

5. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Poor bass, put away in case and kept in the closet, couldnt get out to play and get some light on its lake placid blue self. Hopes someone buys it for lower price and lets it be what it is, a bass, meant to be played, rather then something to take up closet space. Lol.

6. Thats the buy it now, and no fool would do it (I hope). It'll probably go for 400, which doesn't sound to bad if it actually was cleaned up and comes with the case. OF course, that had better include shipping too.

7. "Each guitar is assembled to the factory specifications with special attention to the setup of the action for maximum playability. Each guitar that I create, I make for my own use and I take pride in workmanship. "

Is this even actually an Fender instrument?

8. Under "Ebay Feedback" where he's got his reviews in red and blue, the words almost turn 3D if you scroll down and watch them haha. I too am confused about whether it's a Fender or not. It says Fender on the headstock, but he claims to have made the bass? Or are we need supposed to read that far into it? Haha.

9. Deepwoods

Deepwoods Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    'Next the guitar parts were inspected before they were reassembled" Inspected to see which side was up. What a schmuck!

10. Jjango

Jjango

Nov 16, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I really like the one-piece pickguard/control plate, though. :bassist:

11. 6pack Jon

6pack Jon

Jul 6, 2006
    Queens, NY
    If its a '98 why is the serial number on the back of the headstock?

12. paf77

paf77

Dec 3, 2008
    I hope I never doing something weird with selling a bass on ebay... Everybody on talkbass will be talking about it haha jk :)

13. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Perhaps a little pessemistic on my part but when i see too much info in the description, different colored fonts, different sized fonts etc etc I don't bother. Too much info usually means covering up.

14. 18eranaRic

18eranaRic Banned

Mar 7, 2009
    Malibu, USA
    Who's doing the stealing? Not the Buyer.

15. I agree. If something is worth what you are asking you shouldn't need to convince potential buyers. Its not like he's a marketing firm trying to sell some new product. He's just selling a used bass.

16. rimtism123

rimtism123

Mar 25, 2009
    Birmingham, AL
    "I installed new CTS 250k pots and rewired the guitar."

Uh-bupbupbup!

Not all-original! -$300 in value off the top.

17. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Well, it says OBO...

Actually, I've seen a few of these guys' basses. While I wouldn't pay $650 for that particular one, he had some nice P bass relics that went for around $400.

A really cool one in Fiesta red w/ matching headstock. I think it looked pretty nice...and a refin on a Mexican P would cost more than just buying that one...not bad IMO.

18. Beginner Bass

Beginner Bass

Jul 8, 2009
    Round Rock, TX
    A&R, Soulless Corporation Records
    Yep, that's MIM.