What am I missing ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Basstyra, May 15, 2005.

1. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Hello !

You can consider this as spam, I think... But well...

So, here is my current pedalboard :

I'm waiting for a Small Stone phaser, and I allready planned to buy a good overdrive/distorsion pedal, maybe a fulltone bassdrive or a Jacques Tubeblower. The pedalboard itself is also coming this week, an alu suitcase.

Later, I may want a bass synth and a Boss RC-20 looper, why not a stage tuner.

I don't want (so far...) autowah, octaver (tested a lot, I found nothing really interesting), compressor, reverb.

So, what am I missing ? Lots of people allreayd told me "a wah pedal !!", I'll test some the coming days.

I post this because I don't really know where to search, now. I tested a lot of effects thoses past 3 months, I know there is a lot more to discover, but I don't know what... Thanks a lot !
  2. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    a good bass synth and neutrik cables and maybe a wah pedal, for overdrive, check out the sparkle drive!
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Yo how'd you get that tuner to work as like a "pedal" if you will? I have one of those and that's a pretty spiffy idea.
  4. if you look at the wiring, he's taking a line out of the stereo chorus/flanger...
  5. PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
    How-'bout high-quality amp/cabinet modeling (Line6 Bass PODxt)?
  6. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Well you already have some amazing synth sounds in the korg ax1b the random noise that it has is very close to those Obeiheim VCO filters, they sound very very cool.

The tuner in the korg ax1b is very good. I agree with the overdrive the fulltone would be a nice edition to anyboard.

A wah might be a good option, I have the Dunlop bass crybaby and it is awesome for funk sounds better than most filters I've tried. So its really worth checking out.

Hope this helps.

P.S. A brick power supply like the dunlop dc brick or the voodoo labs would be a good edition.
  7. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    A bass synth will come someday... When I sell my Yamaha, maybe... I'm rather looking for GeorgesL's cables. And I'll test the Sparkle, okok !! ;)

Well... Not really attracted by those things... I have a amp and a cabinet, don't need to model one ! :smug: So far... I'm rather looking to "traditional" effetcs, at this time.

Didn't really took the time to test all the "amazing" stuff of the ax-1b, I'll take the time I think those coming vacations. You may be right for the ax-1b tuner. I'm more attracted by the look of a TU-2 than by the function. It's not really a priority.

I'll test the Cry Baby bass and the morley bass, probably this week. It seems that it's the greatest lack in my setup (is this sentence right... :confused: ).

I'm looking for a good power supply, of course, didn't mentionned it. I found a power bank (450mA), or maybe I'll take a Cioks Big John.
  8. Bassin' 'Round

Bassin' 'Round Banned

Apr 30, 2005
    For great synth sounds, & other wild & crazy stuff apparently, take a look at the Crowther Audio "Prunes & Custard." No kidding..."Prunes & Custard."
  9. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    Yes, I saw a lot of those things in the Post you pedalboard thread. Never heard it. Never saw it. I don't know if I'll be able to find one to test around there (Lyon, France)... :meh: