1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What bass boost?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mindspin, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Mindspin

Mindspin

Mar 20, 2009
    Hey everyone! This is my first post here and i just wanted to give some backround information on myself. If there is an introductions forum, I'm sorry i couldn't find it, honest :]. Anyways, I'm a bassist, been playing about 3 years, and i love to play it. I have a 6 string Ibanez BTB prestige series, so whether i feel like jazz chording or playing some hardcore stuff, my baby is a one man job :]. My name is Daniel btw.

Anyways on to the question. For my band, usually, when me and my buds are playing a song that is supposed to explode in your face or just have a tremendous bass boost in the chorus...well we really are stumped here. What pedal gives said needed boost, in the studio obviously this is possible but live it feels like the taste is taken out of our songs. Do i have to buy another GEB-7 ? I already have one but i don't wanna just use it for when i need the boost, its always really on and a part of my tone, so what pedal do yall recomend? Thanks in advance ! :)

2. Are you talking about the big, deep BOOM you hear in a lot of hardcore and metal songs? Because that's actually not a bass thing, it's a TR-808 (old school drum machine) bass drum sound. If you're looking to get that sound, you might need to pick up some sort of a sampler.

3. taygunov

taygunov Guest

May 8, 2008
    Nooo man you got it all wrong, I'm talkin about a bass boost as in the bass goes from mellow and calm to bassy and shaking the ground.

4. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    I use a Boss GEB-7 Bass Eq to do this. They don't cost much if you get a clean used one and if it doesn't work for your application you can sell it not not loose on the deal. Just set it to flat and start adjusting up the lower bands and level until your happy.

5. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    devi ever dark boost.

6. 18eranaRic

18eranaRic Banned

Mar 7, 2009
    Malibu, USA
  7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Or, just about any good clean boost pedal will give you a big spike in volume. I use a Creation Audio Mk 4.23. 24 dB of pure, uncolored boost.

8. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    EHX Hog's Foot/Mole, if you can find one, or if they are really reissuing it.

9. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    Also the Frantone Thunderhead Bass Booster if you can find one as they discontinued these a few years ago.

THUNDERHEAD_TN2.