1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is a Mesa 610 Worth?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Sep 24, 2008.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Might pick up a Mesa 610 (in the road case used) and was wondering what as a good price. I've seen one lurking on the local CL for $900 but I usually see Mesa Cabs going for a lot cheaper.

Was wondering what a fair price would be on this, since I just emailed him asking him if he wants to trade it for my Nash P-Bass plus cash on his end.

Help appreciated since I'm currently without a bass cabinet.:meh:

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    bump

3. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Is it worth $900 to you? If so, buy it.

If you're looking for an investment, I doubt any music gear is a good idea.

4. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I'm just wondering what the going rate is. Its the Road Ready series, which is a plus, since I abuse my gear. I need a new cabinet since my last ones got stolen and I'm currently running around with a DI box.:meh:

5. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Is it newer road ready cab? Ala powerhouses with the front ports and newer grills? If so, the roadready 610 new goes for 1800 or so. I think 900 is a very fair price for it. It's harder to establish a "fair" used price for mesas, because frankly the market isn't too saturated with them and what you do see is few and far between. It will be a very solid cab that won't let you down. Heavy as a tank. I wouldn't want to have to move it around NYC though. If you have access to transportation though, it's not as big of a deal.

6. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Just finding one used is a major problem. Should be maybe $750 used IMO.

7. Mesas are good. I'd be scared to spend that much on a cab, personally, but I'd say they should go for about half of what they are new, only because they're pretty rare.

it will be hard to steal too because it's heavier than the fattest guy you know.

8. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Someone stole my Berg cabs out of our van. I thought that those were pretty heavy:(

9. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
    its worth it.....get it

10. JFace

JFace

Apr 17, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    I paid $725 for a used 412 at Guitar Center. $900 might be a little high, but it's certainly fair.