1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is this modded Stingray all about?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Meddle, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    Found this whilst looking through local adverts. Looks like a black Stingray with a squint neck and squint bridge pickup.

However... the headstock looks like a real Musicman rather than those lower priced Sub basses (I'm not up there with MM basses).

Not really interested, just wondering if £200 is good for a carcass of a MM bass.

2. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    No, that is not even a proper Musicman headstock.
    Just another copy instrument being mistrepresented with a replaced Musicman decal installed. The decal actually reads "MUUKAMAN StingRay".

3. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    Whoa ok. That sucks to read that.

4. Not a bad looking copy, i dig the neck pup placement. If you could try before you buy that would be great! I have a killer OLP stingray 5 knock off that i call the thingray. Ive upgraded it with a nordstrand pup and a john east preamp, series/parallel switch, and hipshot tuners. I boiught it used for $170, even stock it sounded pretty good. Now it is PHENOMENAL. It also has an incredibly comfortable and fast neck. It is my go to bass, until i get my 4 string G&L ASAT. I guess my point is to try before you judge. Is my thingray incredible in almost every way? Yes. Does it have the same craftmanship and sexiness as a real musicman? No.