1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What pick-ups should i get?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JacobE, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Dimarzio model-p

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. seymour duncan quarter pounders

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. Or, something else

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. JacobE

JacobE

Jul 19, 2008
    im stuck for choice between two pups

Seymour Duncan SPB-3 Quarter Pounder

and Dimarzio Model-P's

my tastes tend to lean towards more punk, indie, and alternative rock, i.e the drones, smashing pumpkins, queens of the stone age, the misfits, the view. (i realise not all these acts even used p basses)

but im upgrading my p-bass and im looking for pickups that cater for my tastes but at the same time are very veversitile, and ive narrowed it down to these two. they are both in the price range im looking for ($120 to $150 AUS), and both seem to be good quality,

what do you think i should buy? or do you know of any others that i should know about?

2. i believe quarter pounder's are very hot!! can't help u about the tone...

did u look on delano? might interest u

3. disasterline

disasterline

Aug 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i was thinking of getting of getting quater lbs, but then i picked the duncan hots.

i dont regret my choice at all. i think you should also look at the duncan hots, they can be very aggressive trust me on that. the quaters might be a little to much, or it might not be.

4. Yvarg

Yvarg Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    I have an 80's Dimarzio Precision pickup that absolutely nailed the bass tone on the song "I Am One" last time it was in a bass, so they get my vote. Couldn't tell you about a modern Dimarzio though. :/

5. rimtism123

rimtism123

Mar 25, 2009
    Birmingham, AL
    definitely the quarter pounds..they'll give you a real hot, modern, rocky tone. I watched a guy play w/ them out of a MIA P bass and he sounded HUGE. I have the quarter pounds for my jazz and I love em.