Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's this used Zeta Crossover worth?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by pdeon99, Jan 14, 2006.

1. pdeon99

pdeon99

Oct 8, 2005
    I have a chance to buy a 1997 Zeta Crossover (35" scale) Educator model (bass & treble tone controls only and 9V electronics, whereas later models have midrange tone controls, midi out, and 18V electronics). A web search shows two later models going for ~$800 used, yet this store wants $1000 for the older model. What do you think - is this one too much, or were the other ones unusually smokin' deals?

And . . . should I hold out for a newer model on the basis the they have improved a lot since 1997?

2. Peter Ferretti

Peter Ferretti Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2005
    NYC
    they have improved a lot, so if I were you and I really wanted one, I would hold out. However, I think that you should probably just get a fretless, as that is all this bass is. And the fact that Zeta has the worst quality control and customer service on the face of the planet.