1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's Your Favorite 410 As A Single Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ryevick, May 16, 2011.

1. ryevick

ryevick

Dec 19, 2009
    I still have some time before I buy so I think I'll pick your brains some more :ninja: As you may know I have an Ampeg SVT3-Pro and I am going to buy ONE cabinet. I'm wanting to know what your favorite full range 410 is? I have been doing some reading recently on the Avatar B410 Neo and it does sound like a nice cab :bassist: There are several that sound interesting but it will be almost a month before I will be able to compare at a retailer and would like to hear which cab you like :D

2. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    The Ampeg410HLF... :)

3. mentalpatient

mentalpatient Banned

Jun 23, 2009
    mental institutionzs
    Glockenklang Quattro 4 ohms.

If the Mesa PH410 I had was 4 ohms I would have kept that.

4. ryevick

ryevick

Dec 19, 2009
    damn it %$#&@!#& this thread was posted prematurely by accident... suppose to be a poll with it... and i can't delete it or add the poll... errrr :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    I had the Avatar B-410 NEO and it kicked butt. Very nice cabinet, smooth and a good full range sound. Good lows but IMO not the air moving pants flapping type of low end, just a solid sounding bottom end. Weight is decent and easy to move. Loved it but sadly had to sell it due to the suck economy right now. Hey, a guy's gotta keep a roof over the head and feed the family.

I also owned the Ampeg 410HLF, if you want that punchy gut wrenching low end, it's a great cabinet for that. I pounded my Genz Benz GBE1200 HARD through that cab and it always delivered the goods. Sold it because it was just plain a bitch to move and I wanted to fund an UBER 212 cabinet.

I know you said 410 cab but if I wasn't worried about weight or moving the thing around, I'd get the Ampeg 610HLF. Not much bigger than a 410 but just a HUGE bass sound from those cabs. One of the best Ampeg cabs out there.

6. 410 rbh ftw

7. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    Genz Benz Uber 410 or XB3 410.

8. Mine is a pair of Acme B2s in a vertical stack. :)

9. nbabakitis

nbabakitis

Jan 29, 2010
    phoenix, az
    I own an avatar 410 cab and i love it! bought it used and its purple with a tweed looking grill or whatever those things are called. best cabinet you can find for the money in my opinion!

10. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Bergantino HS410 by a stretch...

11. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    HUGE +1 for the Genz Benz Uber 410, or the Uber 212.

12. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey I think that's my old cabinet and I sure do miss it :bawl: Glad it's working out for you.

13. nbabakitis

nbabakitis

Jan 29, 2010
    phoenix, az
    YES IT IS! I absolutely love it! I bought a genz benz shuttle max 12.0 maybe a month after I bought that and I couldn't be any happier

14. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Epifani NYC

15. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

Jul 23, 2010
    CT
    Also +1
    I like it from what I've heard, but haven't played it.

Out of the ones I've played....The SWR Goliath III.So I bought it.

16. theophilus762

theophilus762 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Epifani UL410....I have 3 of them!

17. Epifani UL410 s1. :D

18. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    A pair of Ampeg SVT210AVs bolted together...

19. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    I have a pair of SWR Workingman's 410's. I got em both relatively cheaply and I couldnt be happier with them. I run one with an old SWR Studio 220 and one with a Kustom Groove (I forget the model).

I've heard great things about the Avatar's though. I have a 210 that I can add to one of the 410's and I get plenty of sound!

20. WoodyJ

WoodyJ Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Mesa Powerhouse 4x10