1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where are all the Ibanez Fanz @

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Willy2911, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Willy2911

Willy2911

Sep 11, 2008
    OC California
    I am a huge Ibanez fan and I would like to hear some of your views - if they are constructive.:bassist:
    I play a Sr 905 and love it.:hyper:

2. Guest043

Guest043 Guest

Apr 8, 2008
    theres a hollowbody 4 string ibanez thats always sitting around at our rehearsal studio..

it actually sounds alright, and looks really badass..

thats as far as my ibanez appreciation goes.

3. Modo74

Modo74

Aug 7, 2007
    Auckland, NZ
    I love my 1979 Ibanez Silver Series PJ, modded with SD Quarter Pounders and Badass II bridge.

Can't stand modern Ibanez though...

4. ihassiphilus

ihassiphilus

Sep 30, 2008
    I don't own one but think Ibanez produces really good basses.

5. I've been rocking an SR506 for the last 3.5 years, and it's a fantastic bass. Really, although I had other basses before, it's the one I really learned how to play on. Great feel (I based the neck of my custom off of the SR506) and I loved the recorded tone on it, too, in a band situation.

6. mfgl

mfgl

Jul 1, 2008
    Altoona PA
    They must be a quiet bunch...i just signed up for the ibanez club today on page 25...of thread #2. They must just be quieter because everytime someone asks for a bass recomendation all i ever see is buy a fender, or fender clone.

7. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    ya I only play ibanez 6ers but I cant sell my SR890 for the life of me! Even with it being a japan market only finish........

8. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I own an Ibanez Artcore semi hollow long scale. Excellent bass. Very good neck, nice fretwork, quality workmanship and it sounds great with Thomastic flatwound strings. Sounds different than my Fender but a good different. Very useable for live gigs and recording.

I've sold off a few of my other basses since I got this one a couple years ago but I don't plan to sell the Artcore. I also owned an Ibanez SRX300 which was another very good bass and quite exceptional for the money.

9. Snake1967

Snake1967

Sep 2, 2007
    Australia
    Been playing a BTB450qm for about 12 months now..love the feel love the tone and she is damn purty :smug:

Attached Files:

10. Green Mind

Green Mind

Aug 28, 2007
    BC/AB, Canada
    My Ibanez Black Eagle is my favorite bass I own. I bought it just under a year ago and it sounds and plays like nobody's business.

everyone likes pictures....even if they aren't the best
    Picture030-1.

11. Here's an old picture of my Ibanez:

6er.

It basically still looks the same, although with a few dings on it, haha.

12. I love my ATK305.

13. Although I don't and never have owned an Ibanez bass, I like them a lot. I'd love to string an SR 6 piccolo for pretend-guitar stuff. I do have an old(80's)UE-405 rackmount multi-effect that's sweet. Is that constructive? :)

14. Willy2911

Willy2911

Sep 11, 2008
    OC California
    You guys are awsome! I thought I would just hear alot of bashing Ibanez.
    I will have to join the Ibanez club!!!

15. I have an Ibanez SDGR SR300FM. It was good until I get a Warwick, now I rarely use it. I dislike how high the strings are off the fretboard, that the strings are close to the body and how thin the neck is. Dont even get me started on the pick ups.

16. Actually, funny you mention that, because after getting my Stammie, I strung my SR506 up as a piccolo bass. :smug:

17. tapp01

tapp01

Apr 10, 2008
    Wilmington, NC
    I tried a four string ATK that I really liked. I mean I REALLY liked it. I'm usually a sucker for vintage-voiced, passive 4 bangers, but if I had the money I would own one in a minute!

18. I've wanted to do this for years. I can't play guitar worth a crepe, but I'd work on it if the strings weren't so tight(I like classical). I also have a couple of Stammies.
    OK, on topic: The old lawsuit Ps & Js(didn't they do some Rics as well?)were/are awesome too. I'd have loved to snag that one that Graham Maby used to record the first Joe Jackson album with(He actually sold it on ebay a couple of years ago).

19. AlexPrime

AlexPrime

Sep 21, 2008
    Ibanez SR 300 baby. Gotta love the tone control.

20. I've had this one for 10 or 15 years. Love the neck and appearance, but can't get a good tone out of it. Someday I'll replace the pickups and electronics..
    3_ibanezfront. 3_ibanezback.