Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where Can I Find Elrick-type Control Knobs?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ones just like this:
    [​IMG]

I looked at Allparts and Bestbassgear and couldn't seem to find them.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Those aren't quite them (as you noticed), but thanks for looking....that's pretty nuts if they're charging $12 a pop; you can have wooden ones made for that price.

3. So why not step up the quality of the knobs and have a set of gaboon ebony knobs made in the same shape? Why you would put plastic on a bass like that beats me.

If you're going to go first class I can't think of a better way.

4. +1. I would definatly go wooden knobs, but still, if those plastic ones are what YOU want, go for it. Hell, its your bass...

5. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Because I really like the look and feel of the knobs on my Elricks (I need a set for an Elrick I purchased used that doesn't have the same ones- the one in the picture obviously has them already). Not to mention I only like wood knobs if they are of an interesting wood....gaboon ebony knobs are pointless for me anyways, because I wouldn't want to pay more for something that's as black as a plastic knob.

6. Good point, although I do say go for a better wood. Which Elrick are we tlaking about? Your red one, or darker one (is it a walnut?)

7. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    My red bolt-on- all of my other Elricks already have the knobs I like; I got the red one used and it came with weird rubbery knobs.

8. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
  9. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ah, so YOU were the one who put the weird Hipshot knobs on it! I shoulda known :scowl: :D

Forgot to say thanks for finding that for me-thanks!

10. I emailed rob about something similar a while back and he can get them for you. If you don't have his email PM me.

11. Hey Bryan,I think we are tapped into the same collective mind,I love these knobs and have also been wondering how to get them.BTW thanks for getting me in touch with rob,My sixer ships to him this week!!ELRICK RULES!!