Where do you order your strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by D.A.R.K., Apr 19, 2019.

1. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    I use odd gages, and have been ordering from a now defunct retailer who was able to give me very fair prices on those specific gages.
    Does anyone have any recommendations they could share?
    I use Ken Smith strings.
    Thanks.

2. A defunct retailer as in bassstringsonline.com?

It's been re-launched as fretnation.com. The same owner, Jason (aka @SLaPiNFuNK).

BrentSimons likes this.
  3. D.A.R.K.

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    Thanks, yes I found it and registered. All set.

4. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    FretNation is the place. Its growing so it will get more brands as he gets back on his feet fully.

BrentSimons likes this.
  5. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    FretNation of course. Jason is the most knowledgeable person I know of when it comes to bass strings. He is my go to guy for sure. Great prices and the best customer service ever.

6. 74hc

74hc

Nov 19, 2015
    Sunny California
    Pittbull Audio (real store in El Cajon, CA), on their ebay store. Sells what they have in stock, and ships very fast. Usually best prices like GHS Boomers M3045 45-105 for $18.44 with free shipping. Tough to beat that.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    babaseen likes this.
  7. D.A.R.K.

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    Thanks all, Yup, got hooked up with Jason again. FretNation rules. For some reason he was banned for posting in this thread. Not sure why, best deal around for my needs, he took great care of me, to my delight my order arrived the next day! I didn't pay for express service.

barrybass33 and armybass like this.
  8. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes poor form. This string forum has been fortunate to have Jason’s presence and all of the free knowledge he has contributed. If we are gonna start banning people like Jason.... we might be jumping the shark here.

rockinrayduke and fttfbass like this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021