1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where do you want to go?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by xxfaux_punkxx, May 3, 2010.

1. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    Where do you (and your band) want to go in the music world? Do you want to rise the top and take the fame and glory or have fun and play bars and backyard concerts?

2. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    play house shows and drink for free... its all about the fun and getting your music out there. who cares if you never make it big your having fun people are listening to your music, and your message is getting heard

3. Essen

Essen Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Norway
    I wouldn't mind getting rich and a little bit famous, but I'll be happy as long as I make enough money for a little food and a shower once a week :D

4. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    pfft who needs to shower. Just play crust punk.

5. Idealy, if we could somehow make enough dough to sustain ourselves without any other income, id be tickled, although realistically well never get close. The fun of just playing with friends is enough for me. Musician is one of the precious few professions i can see myself enjoying for the rest of my life, so "making it" would be my perfect situation.

6. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I'd be happy getting increased local respect and recognition from fans and critics. I'm not looking to be a superstar, but good press from the local 'zines and strong enough draw to play the nicer venues around here would be awesome.

7. interesting topic. Well, my band is amateur at best. We are only in high school and we are only gonna be together until senior year since I'm going away to college and one of our singers is going into the military. As a person, I want to join a band that will be locally recognized, maybe even throughout the state and just go to college or work during the day and play gigs at night. Not for the money, but for the love of music.

I guess to add to this, i really wanna inspire people to do good and become successful because music that me and my band created inspired them. Nothing would be more awesome than having someone come up to you and thank you because the music you wrote saved their life.

8. The band Im in is just forming, (4th rehearsal tomorrow), and we all have the same mind set, we just want to make music. Wherever it leads......it leads, but we'll have fun while were at it. Fame or no fame.

9. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    So would most professional musicians!

10. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I'm still trying to make it big in Customer Service. The band is just therapy.

11. There are certian forms of the blues that I would like to see kept alive well into my old age.

12. kimio

kimio

Mar 10, 2010
    Toronto, Ontario
    Getting an album out and maybe touring a bit

13. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    A dream would be to be signed and make 100% of our livings off music but...sigh...that ship has sailed. We are older most with family's and professions that would never allow us to take a chance on a record deal or tour etc. We would be very happy to be known in our area, region and state as a good original band and book good festivals and gigs. Recording and knowing folks own and listen to a piece of music that you wrote is a great feeling to me.

We also would be thrilled to sell a song or have a song used in a movie sountrack etc...we still dream.

14. WhoSeyes

WhoSeyes

Aug 18, 2008
    Barcelona.
    I just wanna record tons of music and do a bunch of gigs that can be pleasing and inspiring to people in my area.

15. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    This is pretty much what I'd like as well. Im not looking to be a star or make lots of money making music. I make enough to support my lifestyle from my day job. Music is art to me, and I would love to be recognized by other artists (and appreciators) for the work I create. A little local notability wouldnt hurt.

I remember in the last band I had, one time I was at liquor store with my now ex-wife. Some guy who I didnt know, completely unfamiliar to me, asked me if I was from 'that band' and went on to name us. I said I was, and he went on saying how great he thought we were. That felt absolutely fantastic. That band has since gone its seperate ways, and I would love to get to that point again with the new band. Im happy to say that it looks like we're starting to get there.

16. Beginner Bass

Beginner Bass

Jul 8, 2009
    Round Rock, TX
    A&R, Soulless Corporation Records
    Making a few albums and a significant ammount of my income off of what I enjoy (Music) would be ideal. However, more than likely, that ain't happenining.

17. Tylerrr51

Tylerrr51

Nov 28, 2009
    Milford, CT
    I would love to be known for writing good music. As long as people think, " he knows what hes doing," I'd die a happy man. lol

18. TheRatt

TheRatt

Apr 24, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm planning on pulling a Kurt Cobain once my band revolutionizes the way people listen to rock and such...

19. 60's Bluesman

60's Bluesman

Feb 7, 2010
    Michigan
    i would really like to tour the blues festivals around the usa and maybe someday the world. guess thats what dreams are for right guys...

20. Step 1: VISA to the US
    Step 2: Tour/record enough to get a decent tribe; open for a few big bands
    Step 3: help fund all that with session/gunner gigs... Even if I'm forklifting during the day
    Step 4: help fund THAT with some production/Agent work for smaller bands
    Step 5: Finally finish my Masters and get a sick teaching job where I can get a family goin' and a nice lil' wood shop