Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by canary, Jul 23, 2004.

1. canary

canary

Jun 1, 2004
    hi guys,
    which amp would you recommend to go with my Fender Jazz Bass, it can be up to around £350 at the most with the exeptions of a few extra quid

2. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    What cab(s) do you own already?

3. canary

canary

Jun 1, 2004
    nothing, this is my first bass and amp

4. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    Ashdown's MAG series combos are probably a good bet for you. The 2x10 combo is just under £400 and the 1x15 combo is about £350. They're both rated at 300 watts.

You could go with an their Electric Blue series too. The 180 watt 1x15 is £250 and the 1x12 is £230. (getting these prices from soundslive.co.uk).

If you're interested in something more modular you could get an electric blue head and a separate cab.

There's very little in the UK by way of bass amps that'll get anywhere near Ashdown for the same money as this... some may disagree though...

5. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    Ahh...you should specify that your looking for a combo amp then. ;)
    If your playing rock mostly, check out the Peavey TNT. If your doing more of a variety, look at the 200 watt 1x15 Yorkville. You can add an extention cab to the Yorkie.

6. mikarre

mikarre Guest

I don't know how much a quid is, but I do know that an Ampeg B-100R goes very nicely with a Fender Jazz. About $500 US, not sure what that equates to across the pond. Nice amp though. Wish I still had mine.