1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which Ampeg 810 is this?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pablomigraine, Apr 25, 2010.

1. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
  2. TortillaChip520

TortillaChip520

Jun 3, 2008
    AZ
    I believe it's the 810hpc. More powerful than the standard 810e

3. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    The HPC has the coaxial correct? I don't think that's the one. It says ULTRA at toe bottom left. Anyone else?

4. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    The HPC has the coaxial correct? I don't think that's the one. It says ULTRA at the bottom left. Anyone else?

5. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    No, he's right. Linky.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    got one already pablo. not an hpc, but an 810. don't need 2000w of power handling. plus the speakers were made by eden so i already hate it on principle ;)

7. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    Ahhh Jimmy you are a poet. Anyone have any experience with this cabinet? I have a chance at snagging this on the very cheap.

8. :D:D:D:D:D:D

9. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    okay okay kids obviously there isn't enough drama going on other threads today LOL. O need to hear from someone who has real world experience with this cab......especially as related the the blanketed mud machine, the 810e. I know there's been a lot of talk, especially lately, regarding which years were good and why etc.... all I can say is I've personally demo'd two SVT 810e's, and they were amongst the worst sounding cabs I'd ever heard. On the other hand, I've seen / heard more than a few of them live that sounded uh may zinggg!

10. how cheap.....if it looks like there's a profit to be made,grab it and can be resold/traded to finance another cab....having said that,there has been mention that some fridges are more about handling massive amounts of power than sounding good.....how it sounds to your ears would be the question,tho'

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    again, i should probably sleep after 12 hours of flying and driving instead of posting on tb all night ;)