1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which B:assmaster is this?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kwesi, Apr 21, 2010.

1. I've come to realize that Ed can make pretty much any pedal sound awesome but which Barker Assmaster is he demoing here: In the comments he says he doesn't know which version (Germanium or Silicon) was sent to him but I've heard from multiple sources that they sound quite different so maybe a few of you guys could tell me which this is? Thanks!

2. billphreets

billphreets

Oct 1, 2009
    ive got the silicon version arriving any day now if thats any help (probably isnt though lol)
    i think the colour of the led light is the giveaway.. i think the silicon one is pink/red and the germanium is green...............?

sorry i couldnt be more helpful

3. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    That one's the Silicon. Trust me, I've owned all three variants.

4. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    the LED is not an indication. The standard model is silicon, and is the closest to the original Brassmaster. I'd bet that Ed is using the silicon version here. Germ and double germ are variations.

5. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I asked Ed myself last year. It's the silicon.

6. billphreets

billphreets

Oct 1, 2009

^^^^03.13