Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which DI

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Sufenta, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Sorry if this is a repeat thread. I did a search and came up empty, which is hard to believe. Anyway, my band's practice room just went w/ digital drums and all instruments through DIs, directly into the board, and then through headphones. My KBist bought a whole bunch of lower-end DIs for the band, but I was considering getting a upper-end DI for my bass. Does anyone have recommendations for best DIs? Money is really not an issue. I just want to faithfully represent my bass in the headphone/recorded/live mix. I'm playing through a BMax-T which has a Jensen DI, but we are getting lots of hum through that which we don't get through just the isolated DI.

2. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte

3. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I love the Avalon U5 and I'd still be using one but it's so big. It looks like a lot of wasted space inside. Why can't they shrink that down a bit.

It'd be the perfect match for my AI Focus SA amp and Bergie HT112. Talk about a great sounding and portable rig!

I have a Radial JDI that seems to work well.

4. A-Designs Reddi, but there's a bunch of good ones to choose from.

5. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I've used the Countryman DI in the studio with great results.