1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

which effect does Ryan Martnie use here?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anarchipur, Aug 23, 2012.

1. anarchipur

anarchipur

Aug 4, 2010
    Hi this Summer Ryan Martinie from Mudvayne played wuith Korn. Ryan had an interesting kind of dubstep sound here in the Song Chaos lives in everything:

Which effect pedal could this be? Could it be the Behringer Bass Synth or the Source audio Bass Envelope Filter...?

2. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    I can't tell the difference between the bass tone and the synth's there. Sorry I'm not being much help, but there's a lot going on there other than the "standard" instruments.

3. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    Ryan doesn't use any effects and doesn't like to use them. It will most likely be a pre-programmed synth due to it changing sound at the bridge, if not that it won't be the BSY600, it can't do those sounds.

4. JehuJava

JehuJava Bass Frequency Technician

Oct 15, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I want an alien HR Geiger mic stand...

5. KwinS

KwinS Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    I am not a Korn fan, at all. Never have been. I gotta say I enjoyed that song. Interesting.

Edit: I think all the synth-ish sounds are coming from the keyboards.

6. KwinS

KwinS Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    There is some nice distortion going on, though.

7. You might be able to simulate it with the SA BEF and some fuzz after it.

And the singer sounds like Amy Winehouse at times :bag:

8. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    They only made three. 1 is in a museum, 1 jd broke, and that's the other one

9. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    It sounds like they are just taking the pitch of the bass and slapping that distortion in place of its tone. There's no natural Warwick tone evident. Maybe midi? Ryan has been using effects for the korn shows because the natural warwick tone doesn't really set in well with what they have going.

10. I saw KoRn this past spring. It was with Fieldy, but nonetheless, I was wondering the same thing. I thought the dubstep drops and stuff were actually bass. About halfway through the set, I finally heard the real bass. It's probably an electronic instrument.