1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which is better?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by badboy1984, Apr 23, 2010.

1. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Currently use a Little Mark 250 but saw some pretty good deal and offer for the following amps in the shop.

1) Ashdown Klystron 500 head
    2) Orange Bass Terror 500
    3) Ampeg SVT450H

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    "Better" is a matter of personal preference, and my preference between those 3 would be the Orange Bass Terror. That particular Ampeg is among their worst offerings, and I know nothing of Ashdown.

3. I was considering buying the Ashdown Klystron and the Orange, but didn't get around to it. I'd stay away from the Ampeg, I can't see the point in a solid-state Ampeg. Just keep in mind that the Klystron is an ABM 575 except for the grill underneath.

4. johnboy65

johnboy65

May 22, 2009
    I love my Ashdown but I've got an old ABM 500

5. *ABM 500, 575 is the watts.

6. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    i guess is either the Ashdown or the Orange is the winner. In term of reliability, which one is better?

I've never play an orange so i can't comment on tone but i play Ashdown before and it can give me that classic rock sound.

7. baron665

baron665

Apr 9, 2010
    Michigan
    Which one sounds the best to you? Which one has the features you're looking for, vs cost? And which one is the most versatile? If you answer these questions, you will know which one is better,

8. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Nothing wrong with the tone with the Markbass and i quite like the sound too. But i'm into Hybrid Stuff at the moment and the Ashdown and Orange seems good in term of power and cost.

The Ashdown have more features like tone shaping etc but the Orange Terror is just plain simple but still sounded good.

I use Ashdown Cabs by the way.

I'm into the big deep with lots of low mid growl into my sound. That stands out in the mix but also can feel that bottom end as well.