1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Which octave effect is this?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ninjadeathfunk, Aug 3, 2012.

1. I'm looking for the kind of Octave Up effect the Snarky Puppy bassist is using in this video around the 2:47 mark. Does anyone what he uses, or what I could use to achieve the same sound?

2. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    It could be a MicroPOG. Sounds a bit like that and I think that's what he steps on to turn the effect off.

3. never heard this band before ! it's F'in amaaaaazing ! Thanks for the link !

4. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

Mar 7, 2008
    +1

5. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I can see a Micro Pog on the floor; red face, white knobs.

6. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

Mar 7, 2008
    End thread.

7. my first guess based on the sound was micropog. i win!

8. Thanks for the input.

9. Any suggestions as to alternatives to the Micro Pog for an Octave Up effect?

10. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    POG2 but what don't you like about the micro?

11. Only keeping my options open. I'm thinking more and more about picking up a micro pog.

12. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    digitech whammy

13. dalo320

dalo320 Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm a huge fan of this band. saw them live recently and he was using a pog2.

14. The HOG will do this, too. There's actually quite a few of pedals that'll get you close. I just can't think of any off hand.

15. Liking the thought of a POG2. Recently found out about the EQD organizer. Would that get the clean octave up? Or is it just for organ tones?