1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which pick up does a newbie realy realy need??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by hery123, Sep 30, 2008.

1. hery123

hery123

Sep 29, 2008
    yes, i am a newbie:p
    and i want to buy the bass guitar that can provide me everything that i want..the biggest problem is that i cant try any guitars as in my country we dont realy have nice stores.. and so i am asking you which pick up i must prefer for my new bass?
    by the way i cant buy 2or 3 basses as i m just 16 and my family shouldnt afford so much guitars so i must find 1 ideal bass and so 1 ideal pick up for it what do you think about it?
    sory its been a long information xD
    i m actually stuck around j/j and hambuckers(or humbuckers? i dont know how to spell it xD )
    thx for reading this long information xD
    and thx for your answers and your helps..

2. J/J would probably be the best bet for you I think. It is versatile and will work for almost anything you do, especially at first, BUT I would not worry too much about this. Find a bass that you think plays well, that is more important. Any pickup will work if you are just starting off.