1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

White basses

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by LeslieD, Jan 4, 2007.

1. LeslieD

LeslieD

Jul 25, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    I've seen at least two white basses in my life (really white, not just blond). What the heck are they finished with? Is it something like a pickle stain or some kind of enamel? Does anyone out there have one? Just wondering...

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    The only one I have ever seen was just painted.

3. You probably saw a Finch-Roth fiber glass bass. These were a white as could be.

4. There is a guy selling solid red, white, and blue basses (and varnished too) on Ebay daily. they appear to be CCBs that have been painted. There's one on there today (link will eventually expire; go to Ebay string instruments and search for 'white bass') Ebay dated link

Kingdoublebass also sells painted basses. These don't appear to be CCBs.

5. emayric

emayric

Nov 19, 2006
    is it a bass like this one ?

Attached Files:

6. bassame

bassame

Mar 25, 2004
    Brooklyn NY
    Here is someone you may, if you are old like me, recognize playing one behind someone else you may recognize.

Attached Files:

7. LeslieD

LeslieD

Jul 25, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    Is that Mick Jagger? I'm old enough to remember him...but I don't recognize the bass player.

It's been a long time since I've seen a white bass (at least 15 years or so), but the first one I saw was actually a chalky-white color and the second a bit more like white enamel paint (though it could have been some fiberglass thing). I vaguely recall that the first white bass I saw really looked like it was wood (though maybe ply-wood). It was at a workshop with Gary Karr in Greeley Colorado SO many years ago, and I was thinking "who would show up to a Gary Karr workshop with a white bass?" I was just a kid at the time so I was kind of impressed and thought it might be something special.

8. Steve Boisen

Steve Boisen Your first second choiceâ„¢ Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    That's Jack Bruce, but I the the bass is blonde, not white.

- Steve

9. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    I think the bass is white, it reads the same as Jagger's Perry Como sweater! I'm pretty sure the harmonica player is Cyril Davies.

The sax player looks really familiar but I'm not getting a name.

10. I can't vouch for the color of the bass, but it is Jack Bruce. The group is Blues Incorporated, the bass player is Jack Bruce, and the singer is Alexis Korner Mick Jagger. I stand corrected.:meh:

11. No, That's Mick Jagger, the guitar player is Alexis.

12. +1
    Only I would call it a Roth-Finch fiberglass BSO :)

13. ...and trying to look cool and failing miserably - on saxophone, Dick Heckstall-Smith?

14. bassame

bassame

Mar 25, 2004
    Brooklyn NY
    Bingo!