1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who's the Drummer in The Girlfriend Experience trailer?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jeff Constantine, Apr 16, 2009.

1. I watched the trailer for the new Steven Soderbergh film. Throughout the entire trailer there is a drum solo break beat that is pretty cool. At the very end of the trailer you see a guy behind a full kit set up on a street corner. He was wearing finger covering which made me think he was playing without sticks. Anyone know who the drummer is?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/68046/movie-trailers-the-girlfriend-experience

2. Anyone....? Anyone....?

3. Godbody

Godbody

May 27, 2008
    I watched it...
    The drummer wasn't exactly at the forefront of my mind.

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    The comments under the trailer said he is "Shakerleg" from NYC, and that he doesn't use any sticks or pedals and has a shaker attached to his leg, which I'd guess would be the source of his name.

Apparently he plays on the subway platforms for money? You can do that? In the days since 9/11 I'd have assumed that anyone carrying drum gear down to the subway would be arrested as a terrorist. But I may have a bad attitude since my daughter started drumming all of four months ago.

5. Good deal. Thanks. I didn't see that comment a couple days ago. As far as playing in the subways, as long as you have a permit, (paid for that is) it's cool to play there. They have cops patrolling all the time. Besides, it's NYC! You gotta live.

6. smackatoo

smackatoo

Apr 28, 2009
    go check out his youtube videos or the ones on Shakerleg.com... a true original... I realize the trailer is not about him but it doesn't even come close to showing what that guy can really do. as good as it sounds they caught him on a laid back day... watch the msg vid on youtube... bad as hell