1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who's using a B2 pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by countrybass5, Nov 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. How does it measure up with other pedals out there?

2. I still am because I have worked so hard and long getting the right sounds and nothing else can cover all that the B2/B2.1u can do. Certainly there are better sounding, newer stuff out there but I find the overall utility to be what keeps me using them. I have 2 B2 and a B2.1u, one of the B2 is used for synth sounds and the others are used for my two boards. It works for me because I have a basic sound that I then add effects to and by arranging them i can go from a clean sound and then go up or down and get variations and always be one push back to a clean sound. Plus they still work well with other effects.
    I got a B3 thinking to replace the B2 and later the MS60B but after a lot of work I went back to the B2 because it just works so well for me. Seems I am firmly in the Zoom camp since getting a 506 all those years ago.

RedVee likes this.
  3. Spacehead_

Spacehead_

Jan 24, 2017
    I prefer the B9 myself

4. The B9 is a cool piece with some very nice features, like that crazy dual function expression pedal and real tube, but it was a transition model that was never updated, the promise was there but Zoom dropped that ball keeping it up to date, just like the B3. That Zoom abandoned the B3 still sorta pisses me off, great piece of hardware in need of a software update that I would gladly pay for.