will my ampeg 810 keep up with a bassman 1200?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by punkrockmike, Nov 7, 2011.

1. ive already read through a bunch of threads, and seen lots of different cab configurations, but havent seen anybody who ran a bassman 1200 pro at 4 ohms through an 810e. will the 810 be able to take it? or would it be a good idea to get another cab? there is an ampeg 215 for sale near me with eminence kilomax speakers in it. would that be a necessary/good addition to this rig?

2. Afaik the Bassman 1200 puts out 800w @ 4 ohms & 1200 @ 2 ohms, so I think you'd be fine running it into an 810
    As always, use your ears tho.

3. jastacey

jastacey

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    I have the Bassman 1200 pro and have regularly have used it with my Ampeg 810, and have had no problems .... be aware that the amp has some serious power

4. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    Director of Commercial Sales - Neural DSP
    Not only will the Ampeg handle the power, it will sound great. Bear in mind, the CONTINUOUS RMS rating for your cab is 800 watts..... your head is only putting out 1200 watts for very brief moments, and only when you're coming close to pushing it to the limit....for average playing at very loud volumes it's probably pumping an average of 600-800 watts.... which is exactly what the 810 wants to breath correctly and really get pumping!

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    If a Fridge isn't loud enough for you add another Fridge, but really? :confused:

6. is there really such a thing as "loud enough"? ;) and thanks for all the quick response guys. after hearing people say "make sure your cab can handle the full 1200 watts or it will explode" i got a little nervous haha.

7. oinkbanana

oinkbanana

Oct 20, 2011
    the OP clearly wants to hear "get the 215"

so hear me clearly: get the 215. you won't regret it!

8. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    :ninja:
    when it shows up.. put the channel one and channel two volumes at like 3 or 4 and I bet you wont EVER take the master volume above 4!!

9. you are correct, sir :)

10. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    I used the Sunn 1200 (different badge, same amp) with a pair of 8x10s one gig. It was pretty cool.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 22, 2021